Wisdom Teeth Extractions Tewksbury, MA
Think you may need a wisdom teeth extraction in Tewksbury, MA? Wisdom teeth, also known as your third molars, can be found at the very back of your mouth. They are the last permanent teeth to come in, typically erupting during the late teens and early adulthood. Many people end up needing to remove their wisdom teeth for a number of reasons, including:
- Impaction – Because wisdom teeth are located so far back in the mouth, they often end up growing incorrectly. In these cases, they can become trapped in the gums or jawbone, which can result in severe pain and discomfort.
- Wrong Angle – Wisdom teeth that come in at the wrong angle may end up pressing against neighboring teeth.
- Crowding – Since your wisdom teeth are the last to grow, often there is simply not enough room left in the mouth to accommodate this extra set of molars.
- Cavities or Gum Disease – Wisdom teeth are harder to reach with a toothbrush and floss, making them more susceptible to cavities and infection.
Notice any of the above problems? Schedule your wisdom teeth extraction in Tewksbury, MA today!
Tewksbury Wisdom Tooth Extraction Procedure
- Your wisdom teeth extraction in Tewksbury, MA should take about 45-60 minutes. You will receive a local anesthetic or sedation for this procedure so that you’re comfortable and feel no pain throughout the duration of the surgery.
- Dr. Mikhail Gomer may have to make an incision in your gum or bone to remove your teeth during wisdom teeth extractions in Tewksbury, MA. If so, he will stitch the wounds so they heal quickly.
- Most people experience some pain after wisdom teeth extractions in Tewksbury, MA. You will likely have swelling and discomfort for about three days or so. Your mouth may need 1-2 weeks to heal completely.
Tewksbury, MA Tooth Extraction Aftercare
- Use an ice pack on your face (20 minutes on then 20 minutes off) the day of wisdom teeth extractions in Tewksbury, MA.
- Change gauze pads every 20 minutes until the bleeding has stopped (you will likely need to change them 2-3 times).
- Avoid eating hard or hot foods and drinks that are hot.
- Do not rinse your mouth and do not drink through the straw the day of surgery. It may disrupt the clot formation and prolong the healing process.
- Don’t do vigorous exercise for about a week following wisdom teeth extraction.
- Take medications prescribed by the doctor.
Schedule Your Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Tewksbury, MA
Interested in wisdom teeth extractions in Tewksbury, MA? If you’d like to learn more about our tooth extractions near you, give MGS Dental a call at (978) 851-7012 today, and our staff will be happy to assist you.